The Port of Vinton is located eight miles east of the Louisiana-Texas border and south of the city of Vinton in Louisiana. It is easily accessible by exit 7 off of Interstate 10 (I-10) and by the Gulf Intercostal Waterway (GIWW).
- From New Orleans, LA: 230 miles WEST via I-10 259 miles via GIWW
- From Houston, TX: 180 miles EAST via I-10 140 miles via GIWW
- From Lake Charles, LA: 25 miles WEST via I-10 25 miles via GIWW
The port is located on the Vinton Navigation Channel, approximately:
- 7.2 miles NORTH of the GIWW
- 20 miles WEST of the Calcasieu River Waterway
The port is located 1.5 miles south of I-10 (exit 7) via Gray Road.